There are a number of ways you can increase safety levels for children when they are around electrical appliances.
- Make sure all cords to your appliances (e.g. iron, kettle) are kept well out of the reach of children.
- Teach your child not to touch electrical appliances with wet hands.
- Always fit safety caps into unused sockets, and always place child locks on washing machine doors.
- Always protect heaters and electric fires with a safety guard when children are around.
- Never let your child wander near outdoor power lines and transformers, and never allow children to climb trees near power lines.
See more information on Electrical safety around the home.
- Did this answer your question?
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you. Your information has been submitted successfully.
Please let us know how we could improve this page
Please enter comment
If you require a response to your query please