Making sure that your appliances are working correctly can help avoid Carbon Monoxide poisoning. Here are some warning signs that an appliance may be malfunctioning.
- Yellow or orange, rather than blue flames (with exception of decorative gas fires).
- An unsteady or low/poor gas appliance burner flame.
- Soot or yellow/brown staining around or on appliances.
- An unusual pungent odour when the appliance is operating.
- Pilot lights that frequently blow out.
- Increased condensation inside windows.
You should always ensure that your gas appliances and/or flues are installed and serviced regularly for safety by a Registered Gas Installer.
You should check the appliance and flues regularly for blockages, corrosion, partial and complete disconnections, and loose connections.
See information on the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning and What do I do if I smell gas?
- Did this answer your question?
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you. Your information has been submitted successfully.
Please let us know how we could improve this page
Please enter comment
If you require a response to your query please